9 Best Color Schemes for Your Contemporary KitchenCapitol Design Build
When people think of contemporary kitchen colors, white is often the first thing that comes to mind. While the resulting crisp, clean appearance is a must for minimalist kitchens, there are plenty of other options to choose from. Here are nine color schemes you might not have thought of for your contemporary kitchen.
- Cool grays: Gray is trending right now. A gray kitchen may include dark grey wood plank flooring, medium gray cabinets, and white marble countertops. Starting with darker shades toward the floor and lightening as you move up helps to ground the space.
- Dark with a pop of color: Charcoal gray, steel, or ebony makes for a commanding backdrop in your contemporary kitchen. Pair it with a burst of high-gloss poppy orange cabinets, a coral island, or a chartreuse backsplash for a striking combination that will make your kitchen stand out from the rest.
- White with a pop of color: If you prefer a lighter backdrop, pair white with a bold color, such as fuchsia, royal blue, or daisy yellow. These accents can be as prominent as the cabinet color or as subtle as a fruit bowl on the counter.
- White and gold: Step aside, silver-toned hardware—gold has retaken center stage! Can you picture falling in love with a brushed bronze faucet and white farmhouse sink; gold-colored drawer pulls and door handles on white cabinetry; and granite countertops with gold veining? If so, this is the color scheme for you.
- White, teal, and wood: A white and teal kitchen is reminiscent of water and ice. The addition of wood adds a comforting natural hue, creating the perfect combination of warms and cools.
- White, lime green, and gray: Start with a subtle backdrop of white walls. Add light gray countertops and stainless steel appliances. Then, top it off with lime green accents in the backsplash, light fixtures, and barstools. You’ll end up with a chic, modern kitchen you can be proud of.
- White, matte black, and wood: There’s nothing wrong with glossy finishes, but matte black has a unique elegance worth your consideration. Incorporate matte black cabinetry and appliances with butcher-block countertops and white walls for striking results.
- Warm colors: Red is associated with hunger, so why not design a kitchen around this color? For added interest, incorporate orange, yellow, and gold accents as well.
- Red, tangerine, and turquoise: This color scheme has the unique ability to make your kitchen appear either contemporary or retro, depending on the rest of the design. The combination has a youthful yet sophisticated look to it you’re sure to love.
Changing your kitchen’s color scheme is an effective way to make it feel more contemporary. You can get even more from the space by adding modern amenities. Let Capitol Design Build tackle the job! We have over 30 years of experience designing and remodeling luxury kitchens in the Lorton, Virginia area. To request a free, no-obligation estimate, please contact us at 703-436-6919 today.