Benefits of Granite CountertopsCapitol Design Build
Whether you’re building a new home or renovating an existing kitchen, the sheer number of options for countertops can be overwhelming. With so many materials, colors, and design styles, how can you choose? We’ve got some great arguments in favor of granite.
• Granite countertops are extremely durable. Your granite countertop can take any abuse your family dishes out- even placing hot pans directly on the surface won’t damage it. It’s chip resistant, scratch resistant, and can even be sealed to provide protection against stains. In the unlikely event that your granite countertop sustains a scratch or chip, it’s easy for a professional contractor to repair it. It’s as simple as using putty dyed the color of your counter to fix the damaged area and then sealing the counter.
• When you add a granite countertop, you add value to your kitchen. Granite is a material that adds appeal to any kitchen and will attract favorable attention from prospective home buyers if you choose to sell your home. While you live in the house, granite will make your kitchen a more enjoyable space. What’s more, granite countertops come in a wide range of options, so you’re likely to find one that fits your budget.
• Granite is earth friendly. It’s a natural material that retains its natural look. Much like a rock that’s been tumbled and polished, the granite retains its natural patterns while acquiring a beautiful sheen.
• A granite countertop resists bacteria. A sealed granite countertop is not porous, so it’s easier to clean and less likely to collect dirt, bacteria, and grime. It’s easy to clean up messes from a smooth, sealed surface. This is just one more example of the low-maintenance nature of granite.
• It’s easy to work on a granite countertop. It’s family friendly, easy to clean, and hard to damage. You can spill wine on it, set hot pots on it, and let your children “help” without worrying that they’re going to damage it. Additionally, because it’s perfectly flat, it provides an ideal work surface. You can roll out cookies, knead the dough, and do any number of other tasks easily on your granite countertop.
• Granite is unique. Because it’s a natural stone, each piece of granite has its own pattern, colors, and veining. Head to the showroom with paint samples from your kitchen, and you’re likely to find a countertop that will make the perfect centerpiece for your renovation.
Capitol Design Build has been performing custom remodeling since 1989 and building custom, high-end homes in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area for 29 years. We serve businesses and individuals in Virginia, Washington D.C, and Maryland, meeting every need from kitchen renovation and bathroom remodeling to custom home design and building. With experience spanning many disciplines, including engineering, design, remodeling, construction, and customer service, we look forward to working with you. Feel free to shop our website, call us at (703) 436-6919, or contact us online for a free, no-obligation estimate.