Elegant Inspiration for Granite CountertopsCapitol Design Build
Granite is one of the most popular countertop materials available. This natural stone slab can include many different minerals, meaning that virtually limitless color and pattern combinations are available. Different edges and finishes also affect the final product. If you’re looking for the perfect granite slab to install in your kitchen, consider some of the most popular options.
Elegant Granite Countertop Colors
- Black granite pairs well with white or natural wood cabinets. Its dark color gives it a heavy visual weight, so this countertop looks best in spacious, well-lit kitchens.
- White granite promotes a fresh, open feel, making it ideal for modern or minimalist kitchens with white cabinets. The light hue also creates a visually pleasing contrast with black or dark wood cabinets.
- Red granite ranges from a soft pinkish hue to a deep burgundy. Choose cabinets with similar undertones to make your red granite countertop the focal point of the kitchen.
- Green granite lends a calming feeling to the kitchen, especially when paired with white or light wood cabinets and shiny hardware.
- Blue granite usually has a cool grey or warm brown base. Combine this with cabinets and flooring that have a similar undertone to create a stunning farmhouse-style kitchen.
Elegant Granite Countertop Patterns
- Speckled granite offers beautiful, consistent texture to the kitchen. Metallic flecks even create a sparkly appearance.
- Solid-hued granite has little variation in its overall color. This is ideal for small kitchens or those with busy visual textures elsewhere.
- Marbled granite has a veined look that resembles marble. Many homeowners love this chic appearance while enjoying the increased durability and low maintenance of granite.
Elegant Granite Countertop Edges
- Eased edges are 90 degrees square, with the top and bottom rounded slightly. This makes for an easy-to-clean edge that isn’t too sharp to the touch.
- Crescent edges have a gradual curve on the vertical surface and a defined edge on the top and bottom for added visual interest.
- Bullnose edges are rounded at every angle for soft, graceful corners. These are the safest countertop edges you can choose.
Elegant Granite Countertop Finishes
- A glossy finish is shiny and reflects the surfaces around it. This creates a clean, high-end appearance and helps small kitchens feel larger.
- A matte finish, also called a honed finish, has less sheen to it. This can help hide scratches and other imperfections. Honed grey granite resembles concrete, and a matte finish on black granite creates the appearance of soapstone.
Still not sure which countertop style to pick? Capitol Design Build can help you select and install high-quality granite countertops. We also offer marble, engineered stone, solid surface counters, and other materials. Tap into our 30+ years of experience for help transforming your existing space into the kitchen of your dreams! To schedule a free, no-obligation kitchen renovation estimate, please contact us at 703-436-6919 today. We serve residents of Lorton, VA and the surrounding areas.