Is it Time to Remodel Your Kitchen?Capitol Design Build
Committing to a kitchen renovation is no small decision. It requires a financial investment and puts your kitchen out of commission during construction. Before you take the plunge, thoroughly evaluate the existing space and decide if now is the time to remodel your kitchen.
- The current layout isn’t functional. The “work triangle” is a tried-and-true kitchen layout that places the oven/cooktop, sink, and refrigerator within four to nine feet of each other in a triangle-shaped configuration. If your kitchen falls short of this suggested layout, it could be awkward or inconvenient to work in.
- The kitchen lacks counter and storage space. Whether you’re preparing a holiday meal, accommodating a large crowd, or simply baking cookies, you need ample counter space to work productively. Then, if you’re a budding chef, you need plenty of cabinet space to store your small appliances, gadgets, and serving dishes. Kitchens that lack counter and storage space are fundamentally flawed and need some attention.
- Your appliances are on their last leg. If you’re already looking at replacing your outdated, inefficient appliances, take this one step further by pursuing a kitchen renovation. This gives you the chance to finally upgrade to double wall ovens, a larger refrigerator, or the drawer dishwasher you’ve always wanted.
- The kitchen doesn’t suit your lifestyle. Older homes tend to block off the small, cramped kitchen from the rest of the living space. If you love to entertain guests or cook alongside chefs, you could benefit greatly from knocking down some walls and reconfiguring the kitchen layout.
- You feel annoyed every time you cook. Whether the layout frustrates you or you hate the fixtures and finishes, it could reach the point that you stop using your kitchen altogether. When you start eating out more purely to avoid stepping foot in the kitchen, you know it’s time to consider a remodel.
- You plan to stay in your home for the foreseeable future. A major kitchen remodel is an investment, one you want to enjoy for years, if not decades, to come. Once you’re certain you’ll be sticking around, nothing should stop you from pursuing a kitchen renovation that will improve your quality of life.
- The outdated kitchen is making your house difficult to sell. On the other hand, you might be on the brink of selling your home, but potential buyers aren’t making offers because of the lackluster kitchen. In this case, renovating before you move could make sense. Otherwise, you may be forced to drastically lower your asking price.
If you determine that it’s time to remodel your kitchen, be sure to team up with a reliable company that can deliver a job well done. Capitol Design Build has over 30 years of experience designing and remodeling luxury kitchens in the Lorton, Virginia area. We’ll oversee the project from start to finish, accounting for your wants and needs for truly flawless results. Call 703-436-6919 or contact us online to schedule your free, no-obligation kitchen renovation estimate.