Kitchen Features that Add Value to your HomeCapitol Design Build
When considering a kitchen remodeling project or just a few touches to refresh your kitchen, you should think about your return on the investment. Here are a few improvements you can make to your kitchen that will add value to your home.
- Add an Island. If you have room in your kitchen, an island adds additional workspace and will enhance the overall look of the room.
- Color Scheme. If you’re updating a kitchen in hopes of appealing to prospective buyers, then keep the color scheme classic with neutral hues and timeless finishes on big-ticket items like cabinets, appliances and countertops.
- Refresh Your Cabinets Instead of a complete replacement for your kitchen cabinets, you will do well to have them repainted or resurfaced. This will give them a new look and you won’t necessarily have to relocate all of their contents to do the work.
- Change Your Lighting. Hang pendants above a breakfast bar or kitchen island for added task lighting. There are lots of stylish, affordable options available. A good rule of thumb for size: The bigger your island, the larger your fixture should be. It’s also a good idea to swap out your light bulbs for LED bulbs. They will save energy, last longer, and offer many different light color options.
- Update your Faucets. Modern faucets come in a countless number of models and finishes. Choose a stylish touchless faucet and sprayer set.
- Add a Backsplash. Add a snazzy backsplash or replace the one you already have. This is a relatively simple project you can do yourself. If you don’t know anything about tilework, check for how to videos online to learn something new.
- Update Countertops. Change your outdated countertops with newer modern materials and finishes. While granite and marble used to be very popular options, they require a lot of maintenance and stain easily. Go for quartz or Corian countertops which are more durable and just about take care of themselves.
- Let’s Talk Appliances. In the last few years, the design and finish options of appliances have become sleeker and more modern. For your refrigerator and dishwasher, look for high Energy Star ratings. It’s also a good idea to make sure that all of your appliances match in style and finish.
- Organize your Pantry. You can shut the door to the pantry to hide it but refreshing your pantry with more storage and shelving options will add value as well as functionality.
For over 30 years, Capitol Design Build has been delivering high-end kitchen and bath renovations to property owners from Springfield, VA to Washington, D.C. Our expert designs and quality workmanship have allowed us to earn a sterling reputation for excellence. We treat you like family and your home like our own, and always strive for 100% customer satisfaction. To learn more about our services or to schedule your free design consultation, visit our website or call us at 703-436-2069.