Summer Design Trends for your Bathroom
Summer is upon us, and it’s a great time to refresh an outdated bathroom. The bathroom is the perfect place to try out new color schemes because it’s easy to alter and even small changes make a big difference. If you need some inspiration, we’ve got the inside scoop on some hot summer design trends for your bathroom.
- Beachy blues and greens can give a bathroom a relaxing vibe. Teal may seem an unexpected bathroom choice when a blue and white color scheme is more typical, but this bold hue is surprisingly flexible. Brighter than turquoise but available in many shades, teal works as an accent hue, tiles, cabinetry- just about anywhere you want to use it. Also popular this year, pastel greens work with practically every style, from traditional to shabby chic to modern and minimalist.
- Create a sunny space with shades of yellow. Even used sparingly, yellow makes a big splash. Use it to add a pop to an otherwise neutral bathroom, paint an old vanity, or create a charming shower area with yellow tiles. Repeat the color in two or more places for a cohesive look, and don’t be afraid to use more than one shade. A dark yellow vanity, for example, looks stunning next to a pale yellow wall. Bright yellow is cheerful in a contemporary bathroom, a yellow floral wallpaper can be charming, and more muted shades lend themselves to a variety of styles, from Mediterranean to traditional to country.
- Whites and wood can provide a natural, modern environment. White and wood have long been a popular combination, and why not? Bringing in natural wood warms up a stark white room, and can create a minimalist feeling, add a breath of airy elegance, or deliver a relaxing, spa-like appeal.
- Make it elegant with gold or marble. Gold fixtures, gold-plated brass tubes embellishing a white tub, or a beautiful gold koi pattern on the vanity elevate the look of your bathroom, creating an air of luxury. Marble can be smooth and sleek, or an irregularly shaped piece of marble can lend the bathroom a unique look.
- Do something unexpected with terrazzo walls. To make a stunning statement in your bathroom décor, consider pairing stone cabinets with terrazzo-patterned walls, one of the most out-of-the-box, up-to-the-minute design trends of the year.
When you’re ready to redo your bathroom, Capitol Design Build can help. We’ve been performing custom remodeling since 1989 and building custom, high-end homes in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area for 29 years. We serve businesses and individuals in Virginia, Washington D.C, and Maryland, meeting every need from kitchen renovation and bathroom remodeling to custom home design and building. With experience spanning many disciplines, including engineering, design, remodeling, construction, and customer service, we look forward to working with you. Feel free to shop our website, call us at (703) 436-6919, or contact us online for a free, no-obligation estimate.