The Biggest Trends for Bathrooms in 2023Capitol Design Build
Your bathroom is a functional space, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be stylish. After all, you spend a great deal of time in the bathroom, so it might as well be enjoyable. Do you need some inspiration for designing your perfect bathroom? Let’s take a look at some of the biggest trends for bathrooms in 2023.
- Spa-like bathrooms are still a major trend. Using a statement or freestanding tub as a focal point is very on trend, and bathrooms are being outfitted in luxurious finishes like unlacquered brass and natural stone. Think marble on the walls, gold fixtures, and heated floors. Wet rooms and bidets are two more examples of how spa features are coming to the home bathroom.
- White or near white bathrooms are a big deal. All white walls and cabinetry have been in style for a while, particularly accented by natural pieces like wicker baskets and wooden mirrors. Now the trend is shifting towards light shades that aren’t quite white, but more taupe, cream, and light pinks, with warmer wood to create a sense of balance.
- Colorful bathrooms are popular, too. On the other end of the spectrum are bathrooms full of color, with rich, dark wood finishes. Dusty blues and greens are soothing and can work with many other complementary hues, but many other colors are trendy right now too. Cabinetry painted in unexpected colors and brightly colored sinks are a way to elevate the design of a bathroom and add some drama.
- Bathrooms are being used to showcase decorative lighting. Whether you prefer pendants, sconces, or ornate ceiling lights, a bathroom is a perfect place to express your style. You can use bathroom lighting to create a soothing ambience or add a distinctive sculptural element while still being completely functional.
- Japandi is an up and coming design style. A mix of Scandinavian and Japanese design, it features slatted wood, black stains, modern shapes, and black, chrome, or white metal accents.
- Tiles are being used in creative ways. Tile can be used as a wall covering, installed in an interesting pattern of color, texture, or geometric shapes. Bold tiles can create a focal point and allow you to incorporate some personality and playfulness into your bathroom design. There are also some specific types of tiles that are trending right now. Terrazzo is enjoying a renaissance, and Zellige tile, a handcrafted Moroccan tile with a warm texture and unique look, has been gaining popularity for a few years now.
- Natural materials are still going strong. Natural, imperfect materials are replacing synthetics in 2023. Tumbled, brushed, or honed stone and wood make bathrooms warm and inviting, and stone slab showers are classic and easy to clean. Organic materials and earthy tones can turn a bathroom into a serene space.
- Bathrooms are being uniquely styled. Whether blending styles from different eras or using antiques to outfit the bathroom, people are getting creative about how they decorate. And why not? Bathrooms are relatively small spaces, perfect for experimenting with new styles. Bespoke vanities, fluted edges on cabinetry and countertops, modern-looking wainscotting, colored ceramic toilets, and irregular, artful mirrors are all examples of how decorators are pushing the envelope to create interesting bathrooms.
Capitol Design Build can help. We’ve been performing custom remodeling since 1989 and building custom, high-end homes in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area for 29 years. We serve businesses and individuals in Virginia, Washington D.C, and Maryland, meeting every need from kitchen renovation and bathroom remodeling to custom home design and building. With experience spanning many disciplines, including engineering, design, remodeling, construction, and customer service, we look forward to working with you. Feel free to shop our website, call us at (703) 436-6919, or contact us online for a free, no-obligation estimate.